It’s so important to make sure you prepare well for an interview. To help you here are 5 things you can do that will put you in the best shape you can be for the interview.
Read the job description
Often the job description is supplied and if not then ask for it to be sent to you. Take the time to read through it. Make sure you understand what success looks like for this role. Next, make a list of your skills and experiences that make you relevant for the role. And then, start to identify the likely questions you will be asked.
Imagine you’re in the role
This may sound odd but it helps you identify the key skills and strengths that you have that will make you a success in this role. Also, think about the people you will be working with. What will your relationship with them be like, how will you work with them. Then, think about the type of clients or customers you will have both internal and external.
This is one of the most important steps. Your interviewer will expect that you know who they are and what they do. So, here are the 6 things you should cover:
- Review the company’s website.
- Read the press release section and annual reports.
- Search the internet for articles that have been written about them or their key executives.
- Review their presences on LinkedIn, their company page, profiles of their employees present and past. You may know someone and you can contact them to get their thoughts on the company.
- Review the Linkedin profile(s) of any of the people who will be interviewing you.
- Use other websites like Glasshouse to gain insight into what it’s like to work at the company.
Visualise the interview
Now that you understand the role, the company, the people interviewing you and the likely questions, start to visualise the interview and think about how you will be of interest to them.
Practice your interview technique
Now, start practicing. It helps to role play the interview with someone that can provide useful feedback.
If you would like to know more about how to prepare for an interview then please contact me email@example.com